MODEL 2D (Simulation Software)
This software allows users to simulate the dynamic
behavior of the rigid body. The following shows an example case where a point P
on a bar sliding down the wall is to be traced.
- Create the wall using the polygon menu in the menu bar.
- Anchor it to the ground by Anchor menu at any position on the wall.
- Create the bar with rectangle menu at a position in the window.
- Click the rotate menu and then rotate the bar just created.
- Click the arrow (selection) menu and then move (click the body and move it
while holding down the mouse) the rotated bar to the right position. You
may need to rotate and move several times.
- For accurate positioning, double click the bar to bring up the
properties dialog, where you can modify the positions as well as other
properties such as mass and friction coefficients.
- Add a square point element by the menu at the position P on the bar.
- Select the point element at P, and then use the menu [Measure >
Position] to display the position dialog.
- To change the text display of the dialog to graphics, click the
right arrow at the upper left corner of the dialog.
- Then, click [Run].
[Reset] or [Stop] to stop running.
- Change the
size of the graph [click the graph to display the size holder and drag one
- By now, you might have run too long and the graph may not clearly
show the initial behavior. Double click the graph window to bring up the
properties dialog, where you can change the min/max of the axes. In this
case, Max of x-axis has been changed to 3.
- Now, the graph shows the initial details as in the figure.
- Further, you may want to run the simulation frame-by-frame. Use
the arrow at the bottom of the window.
- Also, another useful tool is tracking tool. You can display the body
at the intermediate positions by [World > Tracking > select any
number of frames] and then try running another case.
- To remove some of the graph from the display, click the graph
name. The following graph has removed the y-position curve that was grayed.