All practice problems are from another class, CAD/CAM and are intended for practice only.
- Manually, complete the missing views of the problem
1 and problem 2. Draw existing views
of each problem on a separate paper (i.e., you may print out each problem
on separate paper and use it) and then fill in the missing view. Also, draw
three principal views of the part using
the principles of orthographic projection. Help:
First, draw the reference lines (i.e., edge views of planes of projection)
that divides the views. Then, project all points one at a time and connect
them properly (see an example).
- [Pro/E] Complete the solid model at page 30 in the textbook and submit the
printout with hidden lines and dimensions. Make sure to use Copy for the second
hole at upper left corner as described in the textbook.
- [Pro/E] Complete the model in Pro/E-Tangent in two different ways: using
linear dimensions of the hole and radial dimensions. Submit both.
- [Pro/E] Complete the models in Pro/E Datum Planes and Mirror on the web.
Make sure to draw rough half sections with a horizontal line and trim the
lines to obtain the half section. This is a good practice !!
- [Pro/E] (a) Using Revolve and Use Edge, complete the first model in Figure
3.11.1 of the textbook with Pro/E. (b) Complete Pro/E models in Figures 3.12.1
and 3.12.2. For the former, use both options of Free Ends and Merge Ends,
and for the latter, both options of No Inner Faces and Inner Faces. Submit
all five models in hiddenline wireframe with dimensions clearly shown.
- [Pro/E] Complete the models [blend1, blend2, blend3, blend4] on the website.
Make sure you practice other examples with options [vertex, point section,
and sharp or smooth cap].
- [Pro/E] Complete the part in the first figure at page 67 of textbook, the
part at page 68 by Tweak > Offset, and the part at page 70 by Tweak >
- Pro/E Complete the model for Advanced Variable Section Sweep at page 76
- Pro/E Complete the model for Variable Section Sweep with Tangency at page
79 (bottom) and the swept blend with
- Pro/E. Construct the given model and
the model at page 87 (for Pro/E part) of the textbook.
- Pro/E. Construct the models by patterns at page 88, 89, and 95 of the textbook.
- Pro/E. Use Relation and solve the exercise problem at page 137 in the textbook.
Submit the usual Pro/E models with wireframe and dimensions. Also, print the
relations and submit it.
- Complete any one of the models by Pro/E and
make a prototype by Fusion Deposit Model rapid-prototyping machine. Submit
a report with brief introduction to rapid prototyping procedures, the model,
and Pro/E drawing with dimensions. You must sign up for the arrangement of
using FDM machine in the CAD/CAM lab. After grading the homework, you make
take it home.
- Complete the given drawing
for a gasket in AutoCad and export it as DXF file format by [Save As filename.dxf].
Bring it to CAD/CAM lab and use DXFConverter software (see TA for help) to
convert the DXF file you brought to a NC file. Then, edit the NC file so that
you have smooth and continuous operations for laser cutting. Submit a report
with brief introduction to NC part program and laser cutting and the model.
You must sign up for the arrangement of using laser machine in the laser machine
lab. After grading the homework, you make take it home.